What will be different, though, is how each of us will use our time, talents and money. God has told us that at the end of time we will be held accountable.
The real Christian has the privilege of receiving God's help and guidance through life, but you must choose to seek it and stay close to Him. Walking in tune with His Holy Spirit is sure to help give real victory over sin and to escape making missteps in life.
The testimony of those who do walk with God and love God is definitely amazing. God is good and faithful. He does allow trouble, but for those who keep going, He always uses it to strengthen us and bring us "forth as gold" (Job 23:10) in His eyes.
If you desire to grow in grace in 2015, and follow Jesus even better than you did in 2014, then there are some things you will need to do this year to make it even better than last year. Christian discipleship is not an accident, but it is the result of daily choices being made to serve God as His Word teaches.
Here are five things you need to do if you will make this year better for Christ:
1. Commit yourself in prayer to serve God better this year.
2. Get in the Bible daily - preferably in the morning. Read 2 or 3 chapters each day. Study the Bible, too, with the intent to know God better and serve Him.
3. Attend a Bible-teaching church faithfully and serve in it.
4. Pray much. You need it and others need your prayers, too.
5. Get victory over sin. He is able to give you grace to help you stand.
God has promised to draw nigh to those who will draw nigh to Him. God bless.
In order to help you grow stronger this year, I have two things that may help. Both of these are devotionals. Learn more about them here.
* * * * * * *
Photo Credit: Unchanged; by Ryk Neethling at http://www.flickr.com/photos/rykneethling/5811680700/sizes/s/
* * * * * * *
Keywords: Christian, New Year, Holy Spirit, victory, God is good, love God, 2015, follow Jesus, Christian discipleship, walk with God, end of time, grow in grace, the Bible, know God, victory over sin